SMALL SCALE ORGANIC FARMING
As Beatric Potter did in the UK the vision is for the Foundation to purchase surrounding agricultural land as and when funds permit and land becomes available, for this to mushroom and spread into a self-sufficient organic oasis of small scale farming.
The purchase of surrounding agricultural land will:
- Reduce non-organic neighbours
- Introduce various types of small scale farming
- Re-introduce hedgerows to support Nature’s insects and birds
- Eventually create a self-sufficient environment for the Centre.
- Protect the land for future on-going generations
- Create opportunities for those who want to participate but do not have the means
Anyone, whether living within the Area or not, could be allocated a small portion of land (approx. 1 hectare) which then the Foundation could assist financially, if required, to set it up. After which the small scale farm would be the responsibility of that person/s to make it sustainable and profitable for themselves, always taking into account the philosophy of the Living Environment.
Needless to say individuals would also purchase land/buildings within the area and hopefully choose to live in harmony with this philosophy.